Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stromboli Omelet

You COULD call it a pizza omelet. I would not be offended if you did. But it is SO much more than just pizza. This is a bachelor's dream. This is the ONE omelet your kids might eat. This omelet is AS WE SPEAK, repairing tears in the time-space continuum. This omelet could potentially bring peace to the earth as we know it. This omelet has cat's and dog's enjoying each other's company. This omelet vacuumed my floor this morning. So, you call call it pizza, but really shouldn't something THIS life changing have a better name? I think so.

Stromboli Omelet

Ingredients:

ground beef
ground Italian sausage
pepperoni
pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese
Basic Omelet


Brown your ground beef and sausage together in same pan. Drain meat very well and set aside. Prepare your basic omelet. On the flip, add an obscene amount of Mozzarella and then layer one half of omelet with the pepperoni. Fill with meat mixture and fold. Sprinkle top with more cheese, and then drizzle pizza sauce on top. Then allow your mind to be blown.


Yes that is pre shredded cheese. You caught me. I cheated.


Bubble Bubble noms and trouble.


Looks like a pizza, smells like a pizza! But it's an OMELET!!!


HEY JOEE! Nice pizza you got there! The boss, he wants to talk to you!



#*#*#*#* TIP OF THE DAY: Omelet's are good ANY time of the day!  #*#*#*#
My Review:
Let it be known that while I enjoy pizza now and again I am really not a huge fan. And I was SURE that this would just go on my list as "done" and I would never make it again. MISTAKEN. This is now one of my top 5. I cannot even begin to explain how incredible the eggs blend with the pizza flavor. I assumed that the filling would just overwhelm it all, but I was wrong. The flavor of the omelet itself really stands out and makes for an unbelievably delicious combination. MAKE THIS OMELET!




1 comment: