Monday, November 15, 2010

Almost an Enchilda Omelet

What better way to start off a snowy Rocky Mountain morning than with a warm chicken omelet with some diced green chile. Green chile's are one of my favorite flavors in the whole world. Their rich mild spicy flavor can stand alone...but why would you want it to when it blends so well with most everything? Cheerios and green chile! Green Chile Cheesecake! Ehhh... maybe not the last one.

Almost and Enchilada Omelet

Ingredients:

chicken
diced green chile
cheese
sour cream
2 slices bacon, chopped.
Basic Omelet

Prepare basic omelet. Warm up chicken and green chile. When omelet is flipped, add cheese and filling. Top with more cheese, a few more chiles and some sour cream.



I used Mozzarella cheese today! Woot! Changin' it up!


Mr. DeMille, I am ready for my close up.



It is always better with bacon.


WHERE IS THE CHEESE????  Oh, oh whew! It's just white is all!


If you look closely, the omelet is smiling at you...



#*#*#*#* TIP OF THE DAY: Allow your omelet to "sit" for a few minutes before eating. This allows the cheese to melt completely, and for the omelet to firm up, offering a better texture.   #*#*#*#

My Review:
Oh you cannot go wrong with a green chile. I think that perhaps they were put on this earth JUST for chicken and cheese. It is a no-fail flavor combination! I am not stoked on the Mozzarella, however. It just lacked the flavor I was seeking. Next time for sure I will use Jack or maybe even a provolone to really bring the bacon flavor to fruition.

Did YOU put it in an omelet today?  Many of my readers have! Check out the Reader Page and see what your peers are cooking up!





No comments:

Post a Comment