Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chili Cheese Omelet

The simplicity of this omelet is really what makes it to special to me. For those of you who were already concerned about my sanity, please disregard the following diatribe: This omelet in particular floods me with emotion. It reminds me of growing up. Just me and my Mom, on our own. She was essentially a single Mom just doing her best to raise her daughter. And much like we go through now, there were days when money was tight and food was scarce. You did the best you could with what you had. My Mom had this amazing ability to create the most delicious food with practically nothing on hand... and this omelet was one of my absolute favorites. A can of chili, a little cheese and a few eggs and we ate like queens. I love you Mom! Thanks for doing all you did!!!

Chili Cheese Omelet

chili
cheese
Basic Omelet

Whip up the omelet, throw it in the pan. Warm up chili and cheese. Stuff, fold, noms. Make a memory with your kids today!


Just some leftover Hormel and a little shredded cheese!


Found this in the back of my fridge! NICE! 


Ooohhhh.. a little sloppy Joee!


I shed a little tear...


My Review:
Well if you read the beginning then I need not even review it. You already know how I feel about this omelet. I really liked the addition of the nacho cheese, a little extra spice is always nice!





1 comment: