Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Seat of my Pants Omelet

I woke up starving this morning...not terribly unusual but I was craving comfort food like NO other. Tuna Casserole, specifically. Yes, I am an odd duck, and it is not out of the realm of normal for me to whip up a casserole in  the wee hours of the morning. BUT Baby Dalton has had other plans since 5 am, so I didn't even get the chance to ponder breakfast until 9 am.  I opened the old fridge and just started pulling out all the things that looked good, quickly cooked up this little gem and quickly scarfed it down in anticipation of yet another infant outburst. Motherhood rules.

Seat of my Pant's Omelet

Stouffers Mac and Cheese
canned chicken
celery
onions
green bell pepper
Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Basic Omelet

Chop up celery, onion and bell pepper to desired size. Place in pan, salt and pepper to taste and saute until they reach your desired consistency. Then add your chicken and saute with the veggies. When warmed, add the mac and cheese and Parmesan cheese, lower heat to medium low and allow to melt/warm up slowly. Set aside. Prepare basic omelet, add filling and fold. Sprinkle with a little more Parmesan and NOMS.



Saute your veggies and they will buy you Christmas presents! Yeah! REALLY!



The rest of the ingredients waiting patiently... GAWD I love Stouffers mac and cheese!



BGOK!  BOK BOK BOK!  Chicken in the pan!



I darn near lost this omelet to the evil scramble!!! am I losing my touch?




Oooh.. a little tear but no worse for the wear. NOMS.

My Review:

This was SO reminiscent of my favorite casserole I almost burst into tears when I took my first bite. I am really sorry that I keep forgetting the flavor value of celery... like an old childhood friend it brings everyone together for good times. I vow to bring celery back more often!

2 comments:

  1. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. omlette maker

    ReplyDelete